Deploying Java 7 Update 17 through Group Policy
a. 32-bit & 64-bit is for the Browser version not OS.
2. Run the .exe, don’t click Install>
3. Browse to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java
4. Copy the correct folder (jre1.7.0_17) to another folder
5. Use Orca to create the transform (mst) file.
b. Once installed it can be found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Bin as Orca.msi
6. Run Orca then open the jre1.7.0_17.msi file you copied previously
7. Select Transform then ‘New Transform’ from the toolbar
8. Change the Property table values for JAVAUPDATE, AUTOUPDATECHECK and IEXPLORER to 0.
9. On the toolbar select Transform then ‘Generate Transform’, save the .mst file in the same location as the .msi
Alternatively you can use the previously created transform file located here
It’s best now to check the msi and mst file’s install correctly, you can do this by running the following command from command prompt once you have navigating to the same directory:
msiexec /i jre1.7.0_17.msi /qn TRANSFORMS=JavaTransform.mst
Now you can deploy the file through Group Policy.
1. Ensure the .msi, .mst and .cab files are in a user available network share
2. Edit the existing Application Installation group policy or create a new one.
3. Computer Configuration -> Software Settings -> Software Installation
4. Right-click -> New -> Package, choose the .msi file
5. Select Advanced then Ok
6. Select the Modifications tab then Add…
7. Choose the .mst file and select Ok
Total Views: (5029)